Course Description: Raven Lang, L.Ac., OMD incorporates her knowledge of midwifery, mothering, and traditional medicine (both American and Asian) in her work and brings a wealth of experience to those she serves. She is a dynamic teacher with subjects as diverse as the politics and history of women’s health, parenting, the science and art of obstetrics, and pediatrics. Her teaching reaches into the well of life, using poetry, art, politics, mothering, psychology, the medical arts, and unique instructions in the skills of observation. Raven specializes in women's medicine and pediatrics.
In this two part course, Raven Lang teaches the physiology, psychology, science and spirituality of the birth experience, and demystifies the reproductive state. Case histories and stories related to each subject are presented from Raven’s experience as a midwife, a mother, and a TCM practitioner. This series is designed to give practitioners a deeper understanding of childbearing, the knowledge necessary to deal with problems that can arise, and offers new ideas for immediate implementation with pregnant patients.
Part 2 includes Obstetrics for the second and third trimesters of pregnancy covering treatment of common infections in pregnancy, hypertensive disorders of pregnancy, gestational diabetes, low back pain, sciatica, hemorrhoids and varicosities, carpal tunnel, vaginal infections, as well as the history and politics of women's health as it relates to obstetrics, and counseling for the second and third trimesters.
- Video 1: History and politics of women's health
- Video 2: Second trimester for the mother and baby, maternal screening, infections in pregnancy, common cold, Nose Five and Wood Points - Master Tung patterns
- Video 3: Coughs, herbs and diet for sore throat, sinus, cough, UTIs and hygiene, bladder and kidney health, ectopic prenancy, heartburn, low back pain & sciatica, ligament pain, scapular & midback pain, hemorrhoids, varicosities, cupping patterns, Master Tung points: Water Gold Water Through & Double Son Double Fairy points, Horse Fast Water Through points, State Water, Flower Bone 3 & 4, Four Horses, Beside 3 Miles
- Video 4: Hypertensive disorders, preeclampsia & eclampsia, edema associated with hypertensive disorders, intrauterine growth restriction, white coat syndrome, kidney symptoms and signs, overweight women, herbs and acupuncture for hypertension, bleeding techniques
- Video 5: Likely cases, placenta accreta, HELLP syndrome, carp soup for hypertension
- Video 6: Gestational diabetes, perinatal matrix, diet & exercise, glucose levels and testing, type one diabetes, yang deficiency, excessive cold turning yang to yin deficient, carpal tunnel, Master Tung points: Correct Tendons, Flower Bone 3 & 4, Four Horses, State Water
- Video 7: Listening to the fetal heart, palpation & fetal heart tones, palpation instructions, fundal height, position of the baby's spine, position of the baby's head, defining the baby's position
Continuing Education Credit
- This course is approved for 13.5 continuing education credits from the California Acupuncture Board in Category 1. Provider #680
- This course is approved for 13.5 PDAs from the NCCAOM in category AOM-BIO. Provider #683
Refunds are not available for our on-demand courses. Should you experience any issues with this course once purchased, please contact our Seminars team at 510-208-3113 or email us at email@example.com. You will have access to the course content for 2 years from date of purchase.
|Raven Lang, L.Ac., O.M.D.|
Raven is a popular and well-respected instructor, having specialized in TCM treatment of women and pediatric patients for over 30 years. She has been teaching about natural childbirth for nearly 50 years and wrote the first book on home birth as well as opening the first birth center in North America in 1972. She worked as a midwife, founding the first non-medical midwifery school and in 1982 began to study TCM. A year later was blessed with a three-year apprenticeship with Dr. Miriam Lee, a nurse midwife from China and one of the first licensed acupuncturists in California. Raven incorporates her knowledge of midwifery, mothering, and traditional medicine (both American and Asian) in her work and brings a wealth of experience to those she serves. Now retired, Raven practiced TCM in Santa Cruz, California for over 30 years.