Raven Lang, L.Ac., OMD teaches pediatric acupuncture, shonishin, and acupressure techniques for children in this special two-part course. Raven will cover conditions that are well within the scope of TCM treatment which respond well and quickly to TCM and will discusses herbal prescriptions for many common pediatric conditions. Learn how to discern what is normal in children, what can be addressed with TCM, and when to refer to an allopathic physician. Understand how to teach parents to care for their children so that they can be the first pediatrician in their child’s health care and act with knowledge and confidence. Case histories and stories related to each pediatric condition will be presented from Raven’s 30+ years of clinical practice. Six clinical demonstrations of real cases will also be provided showing tips for treating children along with actual ailments and treatment recommendations.
The sample video shown in this course description is an excerpt from a clinical demonstration included with this course.
Course 1 includes the following content:
- Shonishin tools
- Treatment methods
- Spinal roll
- Clinical tips
- Fevers in babies and children + herbs & needles
- Baby ailments such as neonatal jaundice, colic & teething
- Respiratory issues such as common cold, ear infections, allergies & asthma
Clinical demonstration videos of real cases in the following areas are also included:
- Shonishin health maintenance demonstration on a 13 year old
- Treatment for night terrors for a 3 year old
- Preemie health maintenance for a 4 month old
- Food allergy treatment for a 3 year old
- Allergies & sinus treatment for an 8 year old
- Treatment for ongoing cough since infancy for a 9 year old
Continuing Education Credit
- This course is approved for 12.5 continuing education credits from the California Acupuncture Board in Category 1. Provider #680
- This course is approved for 12.5 PDAs from the NCCAOM in category AOM-OM. Provider #683
Refunds are not available for our on-demand courses. Should you experience any issues with this course once purchased, please contact our Seminars team at 510-208-3113 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Raven Lang, L.Ac., O.M.D.|
Raven is a popular and well-respected instructor, having specialized in TCM treatment of women and pediatric patients for over 30 years. She has been teaching about natural childbirth for nearly 50 years and wrote the first book on home birth as well as opening the first birth center in North America in 1972. She worked as a midwife, founding the first non-medical midwifery school and in 1982 began to study TCM. a year later was blessed with a three-year apprenticeship with Dr. Miriam Lee, a nurse midwife from China and one of the first licensed acupuncturists in California. Raven incorporates her knowledge of midwifery, mothering, and traditional medicine (both American and Asian) in her work and brings a wealth of experience to those she serves. Now retired, Raven practiced TCM in Santa Cruz, California for over 30 years.