Buy the 8-course bundle and get 1 class free! Mark Frost, MSTCM, L.Ac. joins Mayway in this 8-course series presenting the art of custom herbal prescription writing. Each course is approved for 2 CEUs/PDAs. This course covers the four essential skills necessary for practitioners to be able to write herbal prescriptions individually tailored to the needs of each patient. These include a review of patient interviewing skills, enhanced diagnostic evaluation, the necessity of a detailed treatment principle, and a revisiting of herb categories in order to clearly differentiate the unique applications of herbs within each category. The course will provide you with information you will use the very next day in your office. Most importantly you will learn new ways of seeing and thinking. Practice case studies for you to do outside of class will be provided with each module.
"I cannot teach you everything you need to know in three years, but I can teach you how to think and to learn from your patients. You should never stop learning." Dr. Yat Ki Lai, ACTCM Co-Founder.
Order the course set of 8 as a bundle to save, or purchase each course individually. Each course is approved for 2 continuing education credits.
Course 1: Introduction to Course Information & Material, Herbs that Release Exterior
Recorded on October 5, 2020
Note: This course is a prerequisite for the remaining 7 courses.
- NCCAOM: Approved for 2 PDAs. Provider #683 in AOM-CH.
- California Acupuncture Board: Approved for 2 CEUs. Provider #680 in Category 1.
The art of custom herbal prescription writing comes from a synthesis of several skills. Essential in all aspects of clinical care is the ability to conduct a thorough, comprehensive patient interview. A sample case study will be presented outlining all of these essential steps and will include a custom herbal formula developed through the use of these newly learned skills.
- We will discuss the details specific to TCM that allows the physician to interview the patient in a comprehensive manner.
- We will review TCM diagnostic methods with an eye specifically toward herbal medicine treatment.
- The essential step in developing a thorough treatment plan is writing a detailed treatment principle. We will discuss this step in detail as it is the most frequently overlooked step between diagnosis and treatment.
- Finally, we will discuss the necessary ability to differentiate individual herbs within single herb categories based on best use of individual herbs.
- Following the course introduction, we will review herbs in the Release Exterior category
All inquiries regarding Mayway courses should be sent to email@example.com.